Ricardo Pellerano is Managing Partner at Pellerano & Herrera since 1986. He joined Pellerano & Herrera in 1975, and with over 40 years of experience, concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate, banking, securities, insurance, government, tourism and hospitality, real estate and telecommunications law.
Ricardo’s practice additionally focuses on mergers and acquisitions, and has advised local and foreign companies in various industries. He has also been actively involved in transactions related to investments and development of the tourism industry in the country, with extensive experience in real estate matters. As director of the firm’s Financial Services department, Ricardo represents commercial and investment banks, insurance companies and financial institutions in financing, securitization, restructuring and project finance. In addition, he represents lenders, brokers and debtors in a wide variety of local and international banking transactions in the country.
Ricardo has been extensively involved and recognized in the market for being a key individual in the modernization of the legal system in the Dominican Republic and for adopting innovative practices and the latest technologies in the provision of legal services. Recently, through the Pellerano & Herrera Foundation, Ricardo has been serving as Director of the LL.M. in Legal Practice program, in collaboration with the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), a leading institution of higher learning in the Dominican Republic and Latin America that is recognized for the outstanding leadership and preparation of its graduates.
For a number of years, Ricardo has been recognized as an outstanding lawyer in the Dominican Republic by prestigious local and international Institutions such as Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, IFLR 1000, Who’s Who Legal, Latin Lawyer, among many others. In 2010 he received the Merit Award given by the The Dominican Republic Navy, for his pro-bono work on the project “The Navy of the Millenium” for reviewing and updating the legal framework governing the Navy and in 1991 received the award Outstanding Young Professional of the Dominican Republic awarded by Organización Mundial de Líderes Jaycees JCI ’72, Inc.
- Member of IAMP - International Association of Managing Partners
- Member of the Board of Directors Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra
- Member supernumerary of the Innovation and Development Center for the Judicial Research in Latin America, in the Technological Institute of Monterrey, México
- President Pellerano & Herrera Foundation
- Circle of Leaders in the Dominican Republic for Habitat for Humanity
- Member of the Securities Commission in the Dominican Republic, Stock Market Representative
- Superintendence of Securities, former Member of the Board
- Member of the Global Advisory Board of Babson College, Boston, USA
- YPO-Young President´s Association, Member Dominican Republic Chapter
- FELABAN - Federación Latinoaméricana de Bancos, Former President Lawyers Committee with expertise in Banking Law
- American Chamber of Commerce, former Member of the Board
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce, former Member of the Board
- Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Commerce, former Secretary of the Board
- The Netherlands Chambers of Commerce, former Member of the Board
- Costa Rica Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic, Former President
- CCC, Commercial Caribbean Consortium, Secretary
- ANJE-National Association of the Youth in the Dominican Republic, Former President
Ricardo received his Bachelor of Laws from Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña in 1979. He has participated in management programs at the Kellogg Executive Education Program at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois and at MIT Sloan Management Business School in Boston, Massachusetts for several years.
He is fluent in Spanish and English.